- To provide rich knowledge of learning and research ambience with inclusion of all our curriculum on activity with the advancement and demands for the society.
- To develop their employability skills by equipping students for competitive exams.
- Students are educated with quality Physics and equip them for future needs.
- To provide students with advanced knowledge in Physics and applications.
- To create an infrastructure in the Department to meet requirements of the syllabus with hands on training.
- To develop activities among students to contribute to the upliftment of the society with Physics.
- Handling Physics for Chemistry and Electronics & Communication UG courses.
- To prepare students to pursue higher studies in Physics.
- Providing academic flexibility and academic mobility to the students by enabling them to opt.
a) Add-on courses,
b) Project for individual student with separate supervisor, c) Elective, d) NME
Infrastructure Facility and Network Facolity:
The Department has broad band connection with 100 mbps speed and Canon printer.
The facility is used for e- teaching and student’s class seminars.
The Following instruments are available in PG Physics Laboratory
- PH meter
- Cathode Ray Oscilloscopes (CRO)
- Function generators
- Digital Balance with accuracy 0.1 mg
- Microprocessors 8050 and 8051
- Magnetic Stirrer
- Diode Laser
- Chemicals and Glasswares
A well equipped PG Physics laboratory for doing general and electronics experiments. M.Sc., Students are given hand-on training with advanced experiments and they also do research project individually as part of the curriculum.
Gaussian 09W Program package (DFT Calculations)
We have done the fundamental laws of quantum mechanics to predict the binding energies of biomolecules, molecular structures, Spectroscopic studies such as NMR, FTIR, UV, Raman, etc., and much more advanced calculations using Gaussian 09w program package.